To Our valued customers and staff of the Venice Art Center:
2020 have been a very scary and challenging year for our business and the world, we needed to close the restaurant due to COVID19 and personal reasons, even though, we are looking to reopen on January 4th, 2021.
At Venice Art Caffe we take a lot of pride in making your lunch and dining a pleasant experience, there is nothing more important to us than the safety and welfare of our customers, employees and the Venice Community. With Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our minds, I want to take a moment to personally update you on the steps we will be taking when we reopen on January 4th, 2021:
- All areas of the food establishment, including restrooms and waiting areas will be thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected accordingly
- High touch self-service containers and items requiring frequent hand contact will be removed from use, or appropriately washed, cleaned and sanitized
Food Contact and Non-food Contact Surfaces (Clean, Disinfect, Sanitize)
- All sanitizers and disinfectants that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 will be available and used per label instructions to clean and disinfect the facility during hours of operation
- Food contact surfaces and counters will be constantly cleaned and sanitized
- It will be mandatory to wear a face mask in common use areas such as restrooms and waiting area
- Our staff will be well trained on cleaning procedures to ensure safe and correct application of disinfectants
- Our employees will be well trained on effective hand hygiene practices including washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing
- All the handwashing sinks are accessible and fully stocked
- Hand sanitizers (minimum 60% alcohol), will be available in multiple locations to encourage hand hygiene by both customers and employees to supplement hand washing
Employee Health / Screening
- We will be following FDA best practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Inside the restaurant you will find that tables will be separated 6 feet apart
- The outside area of the restaurant will also be setup with tables 6 feet apart
- All restaurant staff members will always wear masks
I am in constant communication with local health officials, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. I am leveraging these resources to ensure our team will have the most current and effective tools and processes for restaurant sanitation. My goal is to ensure the restaurant policies I put in place meet or exceed their recommended guidelines.
My heart goes out to all who have been impacted by the virus. This new normal due to COVI-19 will continue to change and evolve, what will not change is my commitment to do everything we can to help ensure the health and safety of everyone involved at Venice Art Caffe.
Venice Art Caffe Chef